Celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day might feel a little different this year, but don’t worry, we will march again! In the meantime, who’s to say we can’t still raise a pint today and cheers to the Irish from our own home? If you plan to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day at home and are looking for ways to get creative and have fun with it, we’ve got plenty of ideas to get you into the Irish spirit:
Signature Guinness Drinks
We all know the best way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day is with a pint of Guinness…but this year, we’re looking to get a little more creative with our pour. We’ve listed some of the top combinations for you to try and the only thing better than how some of these combos taste, is the way they look when they blend together!
- Black and Blue: Guinness + Blue Moon
- Blacksmith: Guinness + Smithwick’s
- Black Castle: Guinness + Newcastle
- Black Velvet: Guinness + Strongbow Cider
- Snakebite: Guinness + Angry Orchard Hard Cider
- Black Beauty: Guinness + St. Pauli Girl
- Black Magic: Guinness + Magic Hat #9
- Black Beast: Guinness + Milwaukee’s Best
- Guinness Shandy: Guinness + Ginger Ale
- Celtic Threesome: Guinness + Smithwick’s + Harp
- The Patriot: Guinness + Sam Adams
Food & Drink Guinness Pairings
Guinness has released a list of signature recipes to cook up in the kitchen this year that pair perfectly with a pint of Guinness to wash it all down and we can hardly wait for dinner time!
Recipes that Call for Guinness
When pairing food with Guinness just isn’t enough this St. Patrick’s Day…we’re challenging you to take it one step further and cook up an Irish meal that requires a key ingredient and yup…you guessed it….it’s GUINNESS.
Support Local Restaurants and Order Out!
Let’s show our support to those who make St. Patrick’s Day one of the best celebrations each year; our local bars and restaurants. If making drinks and cooking isn’t your calling, why not let the professionals do it for you? Order your DRINKS (that’s right, you can order your Guinness or other alcoholic beverages to go) and FOOD from a favorite local restaurant this year so that you can continue celebrating the Irish, all while supporting local businesses in a time of need. See participating locations below who are offering delivery and/or curbside pick-up options and place your order now:
- Swifty’s, Albany
- Brickyard Tavern, Ballston Spa
- The Factory, Ballston Spa
- Powers Pub, Clifton Park
- Bullpen Tavern, Glens Falls
- Innovo Kitchen, Latham
- Philly Bar & Lounge, Latham
- Olde Log Inn, Lake George
- The Garrison, Lake George
- Costanzo’s, Mechanicville
- The End Zone, Mechanicville
- O’Tooles, Queensbury
- The Local, Saratoga
- City Squire, Schenectady
- Hunters on Jay, Schenectady
- Katie O’Byrnes, Schenectady
- Manhattan Exchange, Schenectady
- McAddy’s, Troy
- Park Pub, Troy
Whatever you choose, we hope you find a way to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day this year with good food, great beer, and the best company. Slainté!