Become a Partner
Is your charity or nonprofit organization located in the Capital Region and seeking a donation? DDC would be happy to review your request within the counties we serve. Please review our Charitable Guidelines before submitting a new donation request.
A Community of Partnership
DeCrescente Distributing Company is focused on supporting organizations and charities centered on improving conditions and promoting the welfare of their recipients based on changing needs, with a particular interest on education and the recreation of children. We also look to support local organizations that may not have as broad a base of funding or have the widespread emotional appeal as national organizations.
Each year we receive a large number of requests for charitable donations involving various types of support from across our distribution territory. While we recognize the value of all charitable work and try to approve as many of these requests as possible, we are simply unable to accommodate each organization seeking charitable support. Instead, we must make difficult choices, denying requests based on practical and budgetary considerations, not on how we view the importance of the particular charity or cause. Listed below are examples of requests and activities that we do not support. Please follow the guidelines below to have a request for a charitable donation considered.
Examples of requests or activities that we do not support
- Organizations and groups that represent matters of individual preference, belief, and conscience.
- Adult recreation groups
- Organizations which are already tax supported or have a large amount of overhead.
- Political or individual lobbying activities.
- Religious activities, in whole or in part, for the purpose of furthering religious doctrine. (Faith-based organizations may be considered if they provide services to all clients regardless of denomination.)
- Operating or travel expenses
- School-affiliated field trips, graduations or performing arts events.
- Contributing as a third party
Charitable Donations Guidelines
- All requests for charitable donations must be made through our website at www.decrescente.com. Requests not made via the website will not be considered.
- Request must be at least 6 – 8 weeks in advance of the need or event.
- To better assist with the evaluation process, please be as specific as possible when completing the online application.
In accordance with Section 101(1)(c) of the New York State ABC Law as set forth below, DeCrescente is required to pick up all unused product from a licensed retailer that has been donated by DeCrescente for a charitable event.